CANADA-MOROCCO FTA – REQUEST FOR VIEWS CONCERNING TARIFF REMOVAL, RULES OF ORIGIN, SERVICES & INVESTMENT
The government of Canada is seeking views on the scope of a possible free trade agreement (FTA) between Canada and the Kingdom of Morocco (Morocco).
Views are invited on the following:
• Imports from Morocco products (identified by HS/Tariff codes, if possible) including input on those products for which the elimination of tariffs should be expedited or phased-in over time
• Exports to Morocco (identified by HS/Tariff codes, if possible), including products that would benefit from the early removal of tariffs and other barriers by Morocco
• Trade in services
• Non-tariff and technical barriers to trade e.g. import licensing, conformity assessment procedures and phytosanitary measures
• Rules of origin and/or advice on appropriate rules of origin for specific products or sectors
• Customs procedures with commercial goods entering and/or leaving Morocco
• Investment barriers
• Government procurement
• Intellectual property rights
• Competition policy
• Sustainable development, environmental protection and conservation
• Workers rights, human rights, transparency in business and commercial practices and other social concerns
Interested parties should submit their views by November 2, 2009.
Canada–Morocco Exploratory FTA Discussions are available at:
Additional information concerning this and other recent developments is available from our technical consulting group.