Please note the below dates as announced by The Quebec Ministry of Transportation for the 2013 spring thaw period.
Kindly take note that the start and end dates can be changed by the Quebec Ministry of Transportation depending on actual weather conditions.
It is recommended to visit the Ministry’s website for full and updated details:
January GRI to Canada Postponed:
- Omnitrans is pleased to announce that the GRI initially announced to take effect January 15th from the Far East to North American destination has been delayed by the carriers for Canadian bound freight.
- New effective date for cargo discharging in Canada to be February 1st, 2013.
- Final amounts to be confirmed; we will continue to
January 15th GRI amendment:
· Omnitrans is pleased to announce the below revised General Rate Increase (GRI) amounts and dates for 2nd 2013 carrier increase.
· The below 2n 2013 GRI will apply on cargo sailing on or after January 19th, 2013.
· We will continue to monitor the situation for possible further reductions and advise accordingly.…
Omnitrans is pleased to announce the below revised GRI amounts.
Trans-Pacific Ocean Carriers first delayed the implementation of GRI from December 15th to January 1st, and have now confirmed the below amounts (a 50% reduction from initially announced GRI levels).
GRI will apply on all dry containerized ocean freight moving from The Far East (excluding India and the Indian …
Potential Strike and Congestion Notice
The Journal of Commerce reports that the International Longshoremen’s Association President won authorization from ILA delegates to call a strike if a bargaining impasse isn’t settled before the union’s contract expires Dec. 29. The vote by the ILA’s 200-member wage scale committee moves East and Gulf coast ports closer to their first coast wide strike …
TRANSPACIFIC CARRIERS ANNOUNCE GRI FOR SEPTEMBER 15th, 2012
Transpacific ocean carriers serving inbound trade lanes from Asia and the Indian Sub-Continent to Canada and the USA have announced their intentions to implement a General Rate Increase (GRI); to be implemented September 15th, 2012 for all North American bound cargo as per the below amounts:
For all West Coast local …
TRANSPACIFIC CARRIERS ANNOUNCE GRI FOR AUGUST, 2012
Transpacific ocean carriers serving inbound trade lanes from Asia and the Indian Sub-Continent to Canada and the USA have announced their intentions to implement a General Rate Increase (GRI); to be implemented August 10th, 2012 for all Canadian bound cargo and during the 1st week of August (depending on the carrier) to …
Transpacific Ocean Carriers Confirm PSS on Canadian Import Freight effective June 15, 2012
Pursuant to the initial CTSA Peak Season Surcharge (PSS) announced for June 15th, 2012
($600 USD per 40’ STD from all origins in Asia including India and the Indian Sub Continent to all points in Canada)
Omnitrans is pleased to announce the below mitigated PSS levels, implemented …