A coalition of 150 businesses representing US importers, exporters, transport providers and freight forwarders have signed a letter backing bipartisan draft legislation introduced in Congress to reform and modernize ocean shipping laws.
The World Shipping Council said the reforms risk starting a “protectionist race to the bottom in the regulation of international ocean transportation”.
But the ocean supply chain …
• Warehouses in Montreal and Toronto continue to experience congestion
• The closure of Yantian port and Vancouver fires resulted in a large wave of container volume arriving to Toronto and Montreal at the same time
• Warehouses and their yards are full and we are starting to experience some chassis shortages
• Covid risks are also having an …
• The airfreight market is facing continued capacity crunch with a rate increase due to high demand
• The air movement from Dhaka has remained at an increasing trend for the past few weeks and continues to rise
• The Bangladesh Civil Aviation Authority, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, BAFFA and Airport Law Enforcement have adopted the following decisions:
o Vehicles …
• There are delays in vessels arriving into Colombo due to port congestion
• There are severe space constraints and container equipment shortages experienced by the carriers
• The all-island lockdown placed on 20th August has been extended until 21st September
• The travel ban imposed is still in place restricting movement from district to district where only essential …
Authorities in Shanghai and neighboring coastal regions cancelled flights, and suspended schools, subways and trains as Typhoon Chanthu approached mainland China after drenching Taiwan.
All flights at the city’s larger Pudong International Airport were to be cancelled as of 11 AM local time (03:00 GMT), while flights from the smaller Hongqiao airport in the west of the city were …
• Yard utilization remains high
• Rail dwell time remains at around 3 days
• All terminals are operating normally
• Rail dwell time decreased from 4 to 3 days
• Vessel berth wait time increased from 3 to 4 days
• Yard utilization increased from 85% to 95%
• Rail dwell time remains at …
The congestion in California continues to challenge the major US ports in LA and LB, as demand surges and retailers pile up stock ahead of the holiday season.
According to Container xChange’s container availability index data, there is a 60% spike in the inbound outbound ratio at the ports of the US West Coast, surpassing the pre-pandemic levels.
Operators at the premier US maritime gateway in LA are pulling out all the stops to cope with peak volumes in the coming months, but the longer-term outlook remains a headache.
Terminals are extending gate hours, and a surge yard expansion at LB is boosting capacity to hold containers. Arguably the biggest boost comes from the Long Beach Container …
Ocean carriers are squeezing their feeder service providers from both sides: firstly, by refusing to entertain contract rate increases, and secondly by turning the heads of shipowners with offers of employment for their vessels.
Port congestion, higher bunker costs and a massive spike in daily charter hire has forced the shortsea carriers to ask for interim increases and higher …
Air cargo rates on major east-west trade lanes began to pick up in August as the industry faced supply chain disruption due to lockdowns in China and the peak season looms.
The latest figures from the Baltic Exchange Air Freight Index show that in August average prices from Hong Kong to North America increased by 9.4% compared with the …