REMINDER: ALL PRODUCTS MUST BE PROPERLY MARKED WITH ITS COUNTRY OF ORIGIN WHEN ENTERING THE UNITED STATES
This is a reminder that all goods entering the USA must be properly marked according to US regulations. We strongly suggest that importers validate that their suppliers are complying with all applicable labeling regulations, and perform routine inspections of product prior to shipping to the US. Some common problems that occur to delay shipments or cause shipments to be refused entry are listed below.
· Missing country of origin
· Font of the country of origin is smaller than the rest of the information on the label-misleading as to the true country of manufacture
· Labels must be sufficiently permanent until they reach the ultimate consumer
· Special marking requirement exist for many commodities. Clocks, for example are required to have both case and movement marked with their respective origins
Apparel and Textile Articles
· The country of origin is hidden by another label
· The ink used to imprint the origin info is not in contrasting color to the fabric, making it illegible.
· The generic term for the fabric content must be used, for example – bamboo from viscose or Azlon from soybean.